Hungarian as a Foreign Language for Children
Are you looking for Hungarian classes for your children that are motivating? Would you like classes to be interactive and fun? Do you prefer modern and effective methods of learning?
Our Hungarian as a Foreign language course for children aims to provide children with practical language skills. Coming to a new country can be daunting, especially when they speak a strange and complicated language. However, Hungarian isn’t as scary as it first sounds! Children especially can learn basic communication pretty fast!
Why learn Hungarian?
- Most Hungarians still struggle with speaking a second language. This also includes children.
- If your child can communicate in Hungarian, new playdates, family programmes, and cultural events will become available for the whole family.
- While there are some amazing Hungarian resources for online learning, none are aimed at children.
- Speaking a foreign language is always a great skill. Understanding a completely different language family will introduce the children to a whole new logic system. This way they can understand complex ideas later on.
So why us?
- Our unique teaching methods help students to learn Hungarian in an engaging and interactive way. As opposed to our text-book based counterparts, we aim to teach our students through topic-centred lessons, where the grammar is built into the topics.
- Unique curriculum made specially for this class based on the Hungarian national curriculum.
- Our focus is on useful, everyday Hungarian so the children can easily communicate with their peers.
- Qualified teachers: just because it’s someones native language doesn’t mean they can teach it. Our teachers are experts in teaching Hungarian as a foreign language.
When and where?
- Class time: Mondays, 15:00-16:30
- Location: 1026 Budapest, Pasaréti út 12
This class is an introductory course into Hungarian for children. The students will learn basic Hungarian grammar, phrases and expressions. Through hands-on, experimental learning they will learn about engaging topics designed for young learners. Speaking games, story time, and early reading and writing will provide them with a strong basic understanding of the language. The course is based on the national Hungarian curriculum, but specially modified to fit the needs of speakers of other languages.
The course will launch in September.