Art Class in English – Design Around the World
Special-Interest Course for 9-11 years olds
Our Art English class, Design Around the World, is for children who wish to develop their English whilst learning about Art and cultures around the world. The course has an input element to build English skills and a production component, in which children create their own art work, whilst conversing in English. An important extra focus in our programme is encouraging the development of critical thinking and creativity.
The course is called Design Around the World for first an second language speakers.
- Time: Thursdays 15.00-16:30
- Location: 1026, Pasaréti út 12
For children who love being creative and using their imaginations and their hands with expert guidance, while conversing in English.
- Students will learn a combination of technical and artistic skills
- Students will learn about art around the world and the works of famous artists
- A variety of media, from traditional to modern and digital
- English conversation to develop lexis and fluency as students create their art in class.
- Online reading programme and Budapest Afterschool online Home Learning
About Budapest Afterschool
We are an English school in the heart of Buda. We provide an English-speaking environment for kindergarten, primary and secondary school children, with a variety of classes and programmes with native speaking English teachers.
All our teachers are English native speakers and qualified. We believe that good teaching is based on good relationships with the children. Classes are hands-on and enjoyable. Our aim is to give children, who may be attending more traditional content and test-centred schools, access to a different style of learning. We encourage them to be pro-active and develop their cognitive and creative skills alongside their English.
Classes are 90 minutes long on the weekday afternoons, in small groups, in our location in Buda.